What information do we collect about you?
Whycatcher is committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected about you, or that you provide to us on www.whycatcher.com, will be processed by us.
We collect and process the following data on our site:
- Any information you may provide by filling in forms or participating in market research (e.g. surveys, online discussions, diaries etc.) on our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
- Visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data
- IP addresses – we may collect information about your computer. This is used to generate data about our users browsing actions and patterns
Where we store your personal data
The data we collect from you is generally stored and processed within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, your data may also be processed and stored by our data partners or by communication services you’ve opted into (e.g. WhatsApp).
- Any videos or images you upload via Whycatcher’s online portal (https://portal.whycatcher.com) are transferred to our media processing supplier in the USA for processing and then transferred back to the EEA for storage. No image or video data is stored in the USA.
- All data sent via WhatsApp is stored by our integration vendor for a limited period of time before being deleted (it may be stored within or outside the EEA).
How we will use the information you provide?
We are required by law to explain the legal basis for using your personal data and list these below. The legal basis in each case is that we have your consent for the use of your personal data, or that the use of your personal data is necessary for our (or third parties’) legitimate interests. Where we do use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We use your data:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer. This is based on our legitimate interest in ensuring that our site is presented to you in the most effective way possible.
- For the purposes of conducting market research. This is based on our legitimate interest in delivering market research services and a market research platform for clients.
- To notify you about changes to our service. This is based on our legitimate interest in keeping you informed about changes to our services.
- To provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you. This is based on our legitimate interest in providing you with information about our services.
How do we ensure your personal information is held securely?
Whycatcher takes reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure. Every reasonable precaution is taken to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft or misuse. These precautions, appropriate physical security of our offices, controlled access to computer systems and use of secure, encrypted internet connections when collecting personal data.
Despite our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Whilst we strive to protect your information we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
How long will we keep the information you provide?
We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary. The length of time we hold your personal information varies depending upon the type of information and its use, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information and our legal and regulatory obligations.
How you can get access to your information and / or correct it?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing or market research purposes. Whycatcher can also provide you with a copy of what we hold on you before it is securely deleted. Should you want it amended or deleted earlier or have any questions about how the data will be used please contact us by email sent to email@example.com.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us directly on the email above and should you not be satisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk).
Whycatcher is a trading name of Jigsaw Research Limited.